Cornerstone Ministry is one of the Park Avenue’s many outreach ministries. Cornerstone provides clothing and assistance to our neighbors and members during times of need. Cornerstone is a ministry of blessing where the congregation and community merchants give out of their abundance and expand the circle of giving. Cornerstone is dedicated to joyfully providing high quality Christ-like service that honors the humanity and dignity of all people and moves those served to hope.
Cornerstone is OPEN on Wednesdays from 4:30 – 6:00 PM and also after church service on the FIRST SUNDAY of each month.
- We provide gently used clothing, toys, and household items.
- We also provide laundry supplies and personal hygiene items as they are available.
- All of these things will be priced on a per item basis.
- There is a procedure for those families or individuals who are unable to pay.
We accept neatly bagged or boxed donations in the Cornerstone reception area. Donation needs include:
- Shampoo/conditioner, toothpaste, deodorant, lotion, diapers, feminine hygiene products, bathroom tissue, laundry powder (no liquid please), and kitchen size trash bags. We prefer the smaller sizes of each of these items rather than bulk packages. It makes distribution easier and eliminates the need for having to buy Ziploc bags and repackaging.
- Small household appliances (e.g. toasters, coffee makers), sets of dishes, sets of silverware, and sets of glasses/cups
- Clothes that are GENTLY used (clean and not in need of repair). Basically, we would like clothes/shoes that you would wear yourself or give to a good friend.
Following these guidelines will cut down on the number of volunteers needed for sorting as well as decrease the amount of trash that is generated by having to dispose of unusable items. Thank you!
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Clothes sorters, clothes hangers, cashiers, interpreters, store greeters/assistants. All of these positions are available once a month or up to four times a month. Training will be provided.
We started in the 70′s by 3 women at Park to help give the families in our Church clothing for their children. Since that we have grown to help families in our neighborhood with clothing as well as housewares and establish relationships with them to offer other programs we have at Park.
We have clothing starting from $0.25 and higher, sizes infant to 99 years, men and womens,shoes and small housewares. Our Store hours are Wed. 4:30 to 6:00 p.m.
We sort on Mon. from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. You don’t have to come for the whole time we just ask you to come.
You can drop off donations after Church on Sundays or Mon. evenings. We ask if it is possible to keep to these times because it helps to keep our Church clean and less congestion in our hall.
We always need paper bags with handles, Target store has the best handle ones because most of our neighbors walk or take the bus and this helps carrying their purchases. Plastic bags with handles are o.k. but we ask them to be strong and no holes in them.
Clothing that is donated has to be CLEAN, NO HAIR(pet or human) and NO REPAIRS NEEDED !!!!! We know you love your pets but we have volunteers and neighbors that are ALLERGIC to animals. Our general rule is if you wouldn’t want to wear it or see your loved ones wear it our neighbors don’t want to wear it either.
Anyone can shop at our store we just ask you to bring your cash. We don’t accept Master Card or VISA. You will find extremely nice clothing and great people at Cornerstone.